June 22, 2010
In tonight’s primary elections, there’s no race more important to America’s black community -- progressive or conservative -- than that of the Republicans vying for South Carolina's 1st Congressional seat.
May 24, 2010
April 24, 2010
While the media focuses on Michael Steele's mouth, his party makes what could be a significant step toward diversity.
by Roger Witherspoon onApril 20, 2010
The late NAACP president hoped to win over blacks to the Republican Party by backing Howard Baker for president. A Hollywood actor won instead.
October 1, 2009
I don’t agree with Rep. Grayson’s remarks any more than I agree with the actions of Rep. Joe Wilson, who could not restrain himself from yelling “You lie!” at the President of the United States of America. But they show that members of Congress are not the mature adults we all deserve working on our behalf in Washington, D.C.
September 2, 2009
For all of his attempts to reach out to the black community with his Hip-Hop Republican ideas and possibly soul food assisted membership drives, Michael Steele misses the one thing (besides common sense, which he DOES NOT have) that is needed to deal with black folk.
September 1, 2009
RNC Chairman Michael Steele showed up at Howard University. The black kids in attendance were ready to listen--but to what?
by Lawrence Bobo onSeptember 1, 2009
If everybody is mad at the president, then he must be doing all the right wrong things.
July 13, 2009
"There you go again." By that, I mean the GOP. Sen. Jeff Sessions, ranking member of the Judiciary Committee, can’t seem to grasp that American jurisprudence is about more than just the application of the law to the facts, or that our Constitution has proven time and time again to be one of the most pliable, flexible, living, breathing documents ever to be written in the history of man....
July 4, 2009
Former GOP Vice Presidential nominee and Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin announced that she would be resigning her office effective July 25, 2009. The speculation is that Palin has resigned in order to prep for a run for the Presidency in 2012. I have a slightly different take on Palin's abrupt move...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.