by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onSeptember 4, 2012
The GOP's war on voting rights isn't new. It harks back to past efforts to alter the political process.
by Edward Wyckoff Williams onMay 23, 2012
As GOP leaders sweep the latest Rev. Jeremiah Wright flap under the rug, racial politics thrive.
February 17, 2011
On the second anniversary of the stimulus act, nobody's exactly calling for celebration.
by Erin E. Evans onJanuary 3, 2011
More than half of the Republican National Committee say they won't re-elect Steele in their election this month.
March 30, 2009
The GOP never wanted Steele in the first place. But they needed him—and they still do. Steele's conservative backers like to tout him as a Republican who "happens to be black." They couldn't be more wrong. Republicans need Steele because he's black. And that won't change any time soon.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead