by David J. Leonard onSeptember 7, 2012
In Part 1 of a series for the Huffington Post, David J. Leonard responds to those who want an easy fix for racial injustice by suggesting that reparations and prison reform could be the beginning.
July 20, 2010
by Wole Soyinka onJuly 20, 2010
Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka on Africa's role in the slave trade and its consequences.
May 6, 2010
Ransby feels Dr. Gates' position "clouds rather than clarifies" American history.
by Jack White onMay 3, 2010
Inspired by Henry Louis Gates Jr.'s essay, the Retired Racial Stereotypes take their case to the Africans.
by Stanley Crouch onApril 26, 2010
The Harvard professor's hard facts on slavery are a blow to the "victim studies" hustle.
by Michael A. Gomez onApril 26, 2010
by Jack White onApril 26, 2010
Even if everyone accepts responsibility for the slave trade, don't expect to see any money.
by Henry Louis Gates Jr. onApril 23, 2010
December 9, 2009
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music