by David J. Leonard onSeptember 7, 2012
In Part 1 of a series for the Huffington Post, David J. Leonard responds to those who want an easy fix for racial injustice by suggesting that reparations and prison reform could be the beginning.
July 20, 2010
by Wole Soyinka onJuly 20, 2010
Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka on Africa's role in the slave trade and its consequences.
May 6, 2010
Ransby feels Dr. Gates' position "clouds rather than clarifies" American history.
by Jack White onMay 3, 2010
Inspired by Henry Louis Gates Jr.'s essay, the Retired Racial Stereotypes take their case to the Africans.
by Stanley Crouch onApril 26, 2010
The Harvard professor's hard facts on slavery are a blow to the "victim studies" hustle.
by Michael A. Gomez onApril 26, 2010
by Jack White onApril 26, 2010
Even if everyone accepts responsibility for the slave trade, don't expect to see any money.
by Henry Louis Gates Jr. onApril 23, 2010
December 9, 2009
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]