by Cord Jefferson onSeptember 14, 2010
The chair of the Congressional Black Caucus says the nation must address disparities in education, employment, health and incarceration that are the legacy of racism and discrimination.
December 11, 2009
The Congressional Black Caucus went back to basics with its House committee boycott. Calling the Democrats' bluff produced $6 billion dollars in funding targeted toward financial relief in black America.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)
- Mike Goodson: NY Jets RB Arrested On Weapons, Drug Charges
- Glenn Beck: Tea Party Would Have Been Lynched For Marching With MLK