April 22, 2010
There's a fine line between ''superhero'' and ''villain.'' I should know. I've been both.
April 16, 2010
Can I give up the "single and successful" label for someone who opens doors and hearts?
by jimi izrael onFebruary 24, 2010
An excerpt from the racy, newly published book by Jimi Izrael brazenly lays out the unrealistic expectations that black women have for black men. Ladies, proceed with caution.
February 4, 2010
Yes, I’m single. Yes, I’m occasionally spotted in the company of a man. See: Rihanna.
January 28, 2010
Do stereotypes squander opportunities? What if he’s playing air guitar in a bar?
October 29, 2009
They may not be equals. But they are together. Look what his dream did for them.
September 9, 2009
Why are highly educated black women twice as likely to be unmarried by 45 than their white counterparts?
September 8, 2009
So what if it isn’t exploding with earth-shattering dating revelations?
by Jo Piazza onAugust 20, 2009
Her new book has already hit the New York Times best-seller list, and publishing insiders expect it to sell 500,000 copies. Why would you take advice from Mike Tyson's ex-girlfriend?
July 20, 2009
Has anyone out there broken things off via email or text?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’