August 23, 2012
Ask Demetria: When it's a life-or-death situation, step up to the plate for your boyfriend's sake.
August 16, 2012
Ask Demetria: Lending emotional support is the best way to help a friend in a violent relationship.
August 9, 2012
Ask Demetria: Finding your mate may be a click away, but meeting in person is key.
July 19, 2012
Ask Demetria: After you call time on your marriage, it's probably best to get back out there slowly.
July 12, 2012
Ask Demetria: Got proof that a friend's hubby is trolling online for dates? Warn her tactfully.
by Paul Carrick Brunson onJuly 11, 2012
If your BS detector isn't the best, Essence's "Modern Day Matchmaker," Paul Carrick Brunson, suggests a few ways to tell whether you're being deceived by the person you're dating.
June 28, 2012
Ask Demetria: Even if you haven't been physical, an emotional affair with a non-spouse is trouble.
June 7, 2012
Ask Demetria: Pass on playing house until you're sure the relationship -- and you -- can handle it.
by Paul Carrick Brunson onMay 30, 2012
Writing at Essence, Paul Carrick Brunson, the "Modern Day Matchmaker," says you can't depend on a relationship to bring you joy -- but he has some other ideas that might work.
May 17, 2012
Ask Demetria: If he says your friendship won't turn into a full-blown relationship, listen closely.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods