October 22, 2009
"Best of" lists love Portland, Austin, Minneapolis, and Denver--some of the nicest cities to live in the United States. Is it because nothing disturbs the racial peace?
June 2, 2009
THE ROOT's recent article on "The Rise of The Black Hipster" certainly sparked a lively conversation on the web. My piece, which reported on the cultural appropriation of white hipster style by young black folks, and the similar theft of black street style by white folks, was more of a description than an argument. Walking the streets of my various cities, I wondered: What to make of the hybrid moment?
Richard Florida, Gawker, Murray Whyte and many others responded....
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours