February 27, 2013
Clarence Thomas is among the justices who could deal a crippling blow to the Voting Rights Act.
by Jack White onFebruary 1, 2013
Hopefully the high court won't strike a measure that reins in Virginia's racial redistricting plan.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJuly 25, 2011
In today's link roundup: What redistricting means for California. Plus: Rohan Marley leaves Lauryn Hill, and Clint Eastwood casts Beyoncé.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]