June 21, 2010
William Saletan from Slate asks if gays are banned from giving blood, then why not blacks?
by Dayo Olopade onJanuary 18, 2010
“Starchitects” and urban planners see the Haitian earthquake as a chance to “make it right.”
January 15, 2010
The Root's guide to everything you want to know about Haiti.
January 13, 2010
Haiti’s earthquake was massive. It’s up to all of us to help. Here’s how.
by Greg Beals onDecember 23, 2009
The tsunami of Dec. 26, 2004, killed at least 230,000 people in 13 countries. Five years later, we can all learn from examples of the healing that took place in Indonesia.
May 27, 2009
Roland pleads his innocence, Zimbabwe suffering from a cholera outbreak, The Chicago Defender finds a savior, Prosecutors want former NBA star imprisoned...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.