by Lynette Holloway onAugust 13, 2011
Joining the crowded GOP presidential field on Saturday, the Texas governor slammed Obama for "rudderless" leadership.
by Hayat Mohamed onJune 7, 2011
Austan Goolsbee says he wants to return to teaching, but could it be that he's reached his breaking point?
by The Buzz onDecember 4, 2010
The American unemployment rate went up to 9.8 percent in November. It's looking worse for African Americans, too.
by Lauren Williams onOctober 25, 2010
White House economic adviser Cecilia Rouse talked with The Root about how the Obama administration has helped women in the recession.
October 1, 2010
“I will put our record on education up against any administration at any economic time,” said Robert Gibbs.
by Nsenga Burton onSeptember 16, 2010
43.6 million Americans are living in poverty.
by Nsenga Burton onAugust 25, 2010
Poor new-home sales indicate that the economic recovery is fading.
July 2, 2010
What is considered a recession for the country equates to a virtual depression for most African Americans.
May 3, 2010
The United Nations is looking into the epidemic.
by Saaret E. Yoseph onApril 16, 2010
Meet five young artists, entertainers and entrepreneurs who are redefining what it means to work toward a dream.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead