by Brande Victorian onApril 17, 2012
Writing at Madame Noire, Brande Victorian is pessimistic about what's in store for the Real Housewives of Atlanta. And she's not talking about the next season of the show -- she's referring to the women themselves.
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onFebruary 4, 2012
Real Housewives of Atlanta has officially gone too far.
by Jacque Reid onMarch 3, 2011
What are our young girls learning from the brawling, angry black women they see on reality TV?
by Abdul Ali onFebruary 15, 2011
An all-black female comedy ensemble takes a unique spin on reality TV.
by Jacque Reid onFebruary 3, 2011
Before we get too outraged over Nicki Minaj's guest stint on SNL, let's shift our focus to the portrayal of black women on reality TV.
December 29, 2010
In this audio interview, Contributing Editor Anji Corley goes "Beyond Fame" with one of the newest husbands to grace the screen on Bravo's hit Real Housewives of Atlanta, Peter Thomas. The Jamaican-born businessman spills the beans on how he met wife Cynthia, his favorite person in the RHOA cast and what he really thinks of NeNe Leakes.
December 8, 2010
Hear what Greg Leakes, husband of Real Housewives of Atlanta star NeNe Leakes, has to say about his relationship drama and giving back to the community during the holidays.
December 29, 2009
For all the roundups, galleries and essays that we've run here on The Root, it's never really officially the end of the year until I hear Skillz' year-end wrap-up. I started following Skillz just after Thanksgiving, so that I'd be one of the first to know when he dropped his much anticipated roundup of the year's craziest events in pop and politics. Listen to it here.
October 4, 2009
We can't make a solid correlation here, but I'll tell you what: I can't name one person who has ever benefited from being
on a reality show.
August 21, 2009
This week on The Confab: Things are getting ugly! Public option is on the chopping block and Obama's getting punked. Does the president need a neck roll and a "Negro, please!" to get it together? Plus, the "wealthy," wig-pulling women of Atlanta. Join The Root's Washington reporter Dayo Olopade as she talks with The Root's senior culture writer Teresa Wiltz and contributor to The Root Jack White.
* Podcast production by Abdullah Rufus.
* Podcast theme music by Timothy Morrison.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods