by Hillary Crosley onApril 20, 2013
New York openly practices it, but in what other areas are racially skewed police stops an issue?
by Julie Walker onApril 3, 2013
At the Rev. Al Sharpton's annual conference in New York City, Ray Kelly told activists the practice is also lawful.
by Jade O. Earle onJune 13, 2012
From Talib Kweli to Bill O'Reilly, notables weigh in on the controversial police tactic.
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onJanuary 3, 2012
No, the legal system didn't help create a post-black America. But there were times when justice prevailed.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
That people share attacks on social media is unfortunate, but also helpful in the end.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge
- Michael Parson: Man Sentenced To 35-Years For Shooting Wife Eight Times
- Eric Holder Signed Off On Search Warrant For James Rosen E-Mails: NBC News