April 23, 2010
This week on The Confab: Mourning the loss of leaders in civil rights and music. R.I.P., Dorothy Height, Benjamin Hooks and Keith "Guru" Elam. Plus, why SNCC hasn't lost its fire at 50. Join The Root's managing editor Joel Dreyfuss as he talks with senior culture editor Teresa Wiltz and regular contributor to The Root Jack White.
* Podcast production by Abdullah Rufus.
* Podcast theme music by Timothy Morrison.
by Martin Johnson onApril 21, 2010
Remembering Guru, of Gang Starr and Jazzmatazz fame, the man who brought jazz to rap and rap to jazz.
April 21, 2010
The legendary MC had been battling cancer.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods
- NBA’s Kevin Durant Donates $1 Million To Oklahoma Tornado Relief
- Man Sets Up Cameras In House To Find Ghosts, Catches Girlfriend Sexing Son
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Step-Dad Multiple Times