by Demetria L. Lucas onMarch 21, 2013
The Root's contributing editor Demetria L. Lucas, writing at Clutch magazine, has what she admits are some "un-PC" comments about the Ohio trial that made headlines and set off a national dialogue about rape.
by Nakia D. Hansen onMarch 19, 2013
Parlour Magazine's Nakia D. Hansen explains why she's so enraged by what appears to be a trend of universities failing to prevent sexual assault in the first place, to investigate claims of sexual assault, to protect and support victims and to hold perpetrators accountable.
by Dream Hampton onOctober 8, 2012
Gawker features an essay by dream hampton, originally from Rebecca Walker's collection of essays, Black Cool, on her near-rape experience and how that situation taught her to be bold.
by Aisha I. Jefferson onSeptember 12, 2012
The self-help guru talks about reality star Evelyn Lozada and the common challenges that women face.
by Demetria L. Lucas onFebruary 2, 2012
Ask Demetria: Just because you said yes to sex once doesn't mean you gave up your right to say no.
by Claudio E. Cabrera onDecember 8, 2011
The federal agency has changed the word's definition for the first time since 1929.
by Nsenga Burton onMay 8, 2011
Flippant comments about rape spark international protests that surface in the United States.
July 8, 2010
South African doctor invents female condom with teeth to fight rape.
June 23, 2010
The former New York Giants linebacker is indicted for patronizing a prostitute and a third-degree rape.
February 5, 2010
Reshaping California, Reed on Precious, Toyota Apology and more..
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966