by Jill Nelson onJuly 31, 2012
Whether a clean-cut Trayvon Martin or a troubled Ramarley Graham, everyone rates fair treatment.
by Joel Dreyfuss onApril 2, 2012
The Trayvon Martin case reminds minorities that submitting to second-class status has not worked.
by Hillary Crosley onMarch 29, 2012
Black and Latino Bronx, N.Y., natives say that NYPD Operation Clean Halls made them feel inhuman.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 28, 2012
These 17 sad stories prove that it's nothing new for a black man without a weapon to be killed.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’