by Ralph Richard Banks onDecember 22, 2011
Author Ralph Richard Banks writes in an op-ed for the New York Times that unemployment, incarceration and a lack of education contribute to the shortage of eligible black men.
by Alexander Heffner onNovember 19, 2011
This Stanford Law professor says that President Obama has not addressed the concerns of African Americans.
by Dawn Turner Trice onNovember 3, 2011
Chicago Tribune columnist Dawn Turner Trice talks to the author who suggests that black women date outside their race.
by Mary Mitchell onSeptember 27, 2011
Chicago Sun-Times columnist Mary Mitchell writes about a black Stanford Law professor's radical advice to black women.
by Joshua R. Weaver onAugust 26, 2011
The Root Recommends: Is Marriage for White People? examines how a decline in black matrimony affects everyone.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods