by Lawrence D. Bobo onMarch 13, 2013
Straight Up: Let's get real -- and start talking -- about the anti-black prejudice that infects the U.S.
by John McWhorter onDecember 4, 2012
Daily News contributor John McWhorter defends his view, against critics both black and white alike, that things are getting better.
April 20, 2012
Using a conversation with an admitted racist as a jumping-off point, Touré uses his column at Time to explore the nuances of the "mental tumor" that causes such an attitude.
by Nathan McCall onSeptember 14, 2011
Don't leave the conversation to the demagogues and know-nothings like Limbaugh and Beck.
June 5, 2011
The Root took to the streets of D.C. to see if the premise of a new book is true: that younger blacks are more optimistic in the face of racism.
by John McWhorter onNovember 5, 2010
Our elders simply moved on when met with racism and tragedy. That's why it's so tough, yet so important, to get them to open up now about the past.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]