December 20, 2011
Journal-isms: It's been a while since a young black man wrote such an opinion piece in the New York Times.
November 22, 2011
Blogging the Beltway: A new bill would prohibit cops from targeting suspects based on race.
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onOctober 11, 2011
A businessman humiliated by New Jersey police takes his case to the U.S. Supreme Court.
by Michael Steele onSeptember 5, 2011
Racial and economic profiling in education endangers black students' success. Why put up with it?
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onAugust 31, 2011
New research could raise hard questions for those who support profiling.
by Nsenga Burton onAugust 1, 2011
Alleged unconstitutional investigations based on race at center of lawsuit.
by Eugene Kane onJuly 29, 2011
In his column in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Eugene Kane explores whether the race of patrons played a part in complaints against nightclub owners.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onApril 7, 2011
The "donks" popular among black drivers have been deemed a threat to public safety.
March 24, 2011
Fears of "others" may be real, but we must also navigate the complexities of our multiracial society.
by Deron Snyder onMarch 23, 2011
The difference between the political commentator and his critics? He's open about fears that many people experience but won't talk about.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
An after-school project creates an electric car powered by Twitter and Facebook updates.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Na Cola Franklin Guilty Of Murdering Fiance Hours Before Wedding
- Former Disney Star To Rihanna: ‘Chris Brown Beat You Because You’re Not Pretty Enough’
- Man Dies In Custody After Being Viciously Beaten By Sacramento Police Officer [GRAPHIC VIDEO]
- Charles Ramsey On Free Burger Offers: ‘I Never Told These People They Could Use My Name’
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation