February 27, 2013
Clarence Thomas is among the justices who could deal a crippling blow to the Voting Rights Act.
by Jack White onFebruary 1, 2013
Hopefully the high court won't strike a measure that reins in Virginia's racial redistricting plan.
by Charles M. Blow onJanuary 27, 2013
In the New York Times, columnist Charles M. Blow illuminates the newest Republican plan to reshuffle voting patterns in some states.
by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onJune 5, 2011
In a case before the Justice Department, a political map is drawn to keep a small group of white voters from being in a majority-black district.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music
- Face2FaceAfrica Honors Distinguished Africans At 2nd Annual F.A.C.E. List Awards
- No Trace Of North Carolina Family Man Missing Since 2010