by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onJanuary 9, 2011
Baltimore official suspects that race has a role in the lack of national media coverage of Phylicia Barnes' case.
by Deron Snyder onDecember 28, 2010
Michael Singletary's coaching style clearly doomed him as head coach of the 49ers, and here's why.
by Lauren Williams onOctober 6, 2010
Judge shuts down prosecutor who he claims offers plea deals only to "white boys." Was he out of line?
July 2, 2010
Every now and then a scandal comes along that makes you wonder what would happen if the circumstances were the same but the skin tone changed. The Root takes a look at a handful of brow-raising incidents and asks if race and privilege influenced the outcome.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]