February 11, 2011
This week on the Confab: Join Managing Editor Joel Dreyfuss as he chats with Washington reporter Cynthia Gordy and contributors Sunni Khalid and Frank McCoy about race relations in Egypt, a forgotten horror of the Jim Crow South and the state of black businesses.
by John McWhorter onFebruary 8, 2011
John McWhorter is not buying the romanticism of sharing the pain of "fellow Africans." But that doesn't prevent him from sympathizing with their struggle.
by Sunni M. Khalid onFebruary 3, 2011
For too many Egyptians, sub-Saharan Africa is a stereotypical exotic land of thick jungles and masses of poor, starving and black-skinned savages.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A trending topic turns into an informative consciousness-raising session.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge
- Michael Parson: Man Sentenced To 35-Years For Shooting Wife Eight Times
- Eric Holder Signed Off On Search Warrant For James Rosen E-Mails: NBC News
- Katherine Jackson Leaves Court In Tears During M.J. Civil Trial
- Detroit Freak Judge’s Ex-Lover Makes Fool Of Herself During TV Interview