February 11, 2011
This week on the Confab: Join Managing Editor Joel Dreyfuss as he chats with Washington reporter Cynthia Gordy and contributors Sunni Khalid and Frank McCoy about race relations in Egypt, a forgotten horror of the Jim Crow South and the state of black businesses.
by John McWhorter onFebruary 8, 2011
John McWhorter is not buying the romanticism of sharing the pain of "fellow Africans." But that doesn't prevent him from sympathizing with their struggle.
by Sunni M. Khalid onFebruary 3, 2011
For too many Egyptians, sub-Saharan Africa is a stereotypical exotic land of thick jungles and masses of poor, starving and black-skinned savages.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]