May 7, 2013
In a show of solidarity, users are tweeting stories of things they blew up while learning science in school.
by Clarence Page onMay 7, 2013
Chicago Tribune columnist Clarence Page highlights the problems with relying on a race-classification system created in a different era.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMay 1, 2013
Race Manners: Time for a racial gut check. Has your African-American ancestor really changed anything?
April 29, 2013
Using a #blackprivilege hashtag, users eviscerate an offensive blog on reverse racism.
April 6, 2013
Challenging Karen Finney's racial identity is just another way of attacking the "tanning" of America.
by Christiana Mbakwe onMarch 30, 2013
Christiana Mbakwe, writing at xoJane, says that the idea of being "colorblind" is fundamentally problematic and does more harm than good.
by The Burton Wire onMarch 15, 2013
by Melanie Coffee onJanuary 23, 2013
"I never want him to feel 'less than,' but I also want him to know of his rich history," Melanie Coffee writes at the Huffington Post.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJanuary 16, 2013
Rep. Marcia Fudge on how the group will look out for Americans of all colors over the next four years.
by Jonathan Capehart onOctober 30, 2012
The Washington Post's Jonathan Capehart excoriates Romney surrogate John Sununu for his recent racially inflammatory commentary about Gen. Colin Powell's endorsement of President Barack Obama.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]