April 13, 2010
This is the debut on The Root of Richard Prince's popular blog/column on minorities in the media. The column is reprinted with permission of its orginator, the Maynard Institute for Journalism Education.
by Hayat Mohamed onApril 21, 2011
Carol Guzy, Ricky Carioti and Nikki Kahn were honored for their breaking-news photography.
October 1, 2010
This week marked the 30th anniversary of Cooke's story "Jimmy's World," which went on to win a Pulitzer Prize that The Washington Post was forced to return because it was all a fabrication.
April 20, 2009
Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson and historian Annette Gordon-Reed win Pulitzer prizes for their work. Robinson won for the columns he wrote during the 2008 presidential campaign and Gordon-Reed was awarded for her book The Hemingses of Monticello: An American Family. Playwright Lynn Nottage won the prize for Drama for her play Ruined, about life in the wartime Congo
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Users will be able to share moving pictures with the popular app starting June 20.
Voting-rights advocates are applauding the decision. But does it mean anything for the long-awaited ruling in Shelby?
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Lil’ Wayne Music Video Shows Rapper Stomping on American Flag
- Mississippi Booty Doc Charged in 2nd Butt-Injection Death
- Dave Chappelle Returns to the Stage With 13-Date Comedy Tour
- Scholar, Author James Weldon Johnson Was Born On This Day In 1871
- Popular Houston Stripper Suffers Miscarriage While Twerking On Stage?