May 30, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: A summit empowers black clergy with tools to tackle restrictive voting laws.
by Judith Browne Dianis onMay 30, 2012
Your Take: Voter-ID laws could make things tough at the polls. Here's how to ensure that you're covered.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMay 10, 2012
The fight against the historic assault on voting rights is "out of the suites and into the streets," NAACP President Benjamin Jealous told The Root.
May 1, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: Obama field-workers hope to rein in voter suppression by organizing.
by Joshua R. Weaver onApril 24, 2012
The Root Recommends: A phone initiative by the NAACP that provides voter-registration info and more.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onApril 17, 2012
In today's link roundup: The American Legislative Exchange Council gives in to pressure. Plus: Georgia to require drug tests for welfare.
by Brentin Mock onApril 14, 2012
The Nation writer Brentin Mock tackles voter-registration issues and how to ensure that the movement focuses on the right demographic.
April 5, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: A new coalition wants every black church to register at least 20 this Sunday.
April 5, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: The leader of an activist group tells how the companies caved under pressure.
by Lynette Holloway onMarch 13, 2012
Texas follows South Carolina as the second state in recent months to become embroiled in a court battle over voter-ID laws.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead