by Lauren Williams onJuly 24, 2012
In a letter sent Monday, the department announced its probe of the controversial measure.
by Brentin Mock onJuly 13, 2012
Brentin Mock, writing at ColorLines, warns that a legal challenge to a voter-ID law in Texas could signal the demise of the Voting Rights Act, which made it possible for people of color to vote in much of the country.
July 8, 2012
As the presidential election heats up, the group renews its commitment to fight the restrictive laws.
July 6, 2012
Pennsylvanians will be required to show government-issued photo ID to cast votes in November.
by Judith Browne Dianis onMay 30, 2012
Your Take: Voter-ID laws could make things tough at the polls. Here's how to ensure that you're covered.
by Brentin Mock onMay 19, 2012
ColorLines blogger Brentin Mock checks in on Mississippi's tough new voter ID law signed on Thursday. Before stepping into the booth, voters are now required to show IDs under the law that is bound to face legal challenges.
March 9, 2012
The NAACP hopes the U.N. will pressure states to change their voter-ID laws, which the group calls a violation of human and civil rights.
by Claudio E. Cabrera onDecember 24, 2011
The Justice Department blocks controversial legislation requiring voters to show photo ID at polls.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’