by Stacy-Ann Ellis onJanuary 4, 2013
The Root Recommends: Redemption, for Colored Boys, a Web series about one man's journey.
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onApril 4, 2012
The Supreme Court's recent decision means anyone who gets arrested can face a strip search.
by Nsenga Burton onMarch 30, 2011
Ohio State law professor and scholar Michelle Alexander highlights the dire circumstances surrounding the number of black men going to prison.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJanuary 25, 2011
Decades after the allegations, Burge is heading to prison for lying about his conduct.
July 27, 2010
Maurice Clarett, who went to prison after leading OSU to the 2002 national championship, re-enrolls.
June 18, 2010
The Federal Adoption and Safe Families Act Expanded Discretion Bill aims to keep children from languishing in foster care.
May 26, 2010
A massacre took place at Les Cayes prison after police stormed the complex to quell a riot.
May 25, 2010
Violating parole is a good way to get sent back to prison.
May 21, 2010
What lurks behind bars?
May 10, 2010
Is Kendall Gibson the victim of religious persecution?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966