by Nicole Venable onFebruary 12, 2013
Nicole Venable is The Root's connection to the social and political scene inside the Beltway, offering commentary and exclusive photos from Washington's key events.
by Stephanie Li onOctober 16, 2012
Writing at the Huffington Post, Stephanie Li enumerates the ways in which race has reared its head in the current presidential campaign.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onOctober 3, 2012
We can just about guarantee that there will be new material to add to this list after tonight.
by Eugene Robinson onOctober 3, 2012
The Washington Post's Eugene Robinson says that the Republican's task in Denver will be more difficult than President Obama's because he'll have to explain who he is and what he believes.
August 17, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: No journo of color was tapped for a 2012 presidential debate, so let's imagine.
by Sam Fulwood III onJanuary 7, 2009
Obama looks and sounds more presidential as Clinton appears to fade.
by Michel Martin onDecember 17, 2008
A trio of news veterans will moderate this fall's presidential debates, but who and what do they represent?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods