July 17, 2009
This week on The Confab: A chatty review of the Sotomayor confirmation hearings. After its convention, how engaged and willing to act is the NAACP? What's the price tag on Obama's health care plan? Join The Root's deputy editor Terence Samuel as he talks with Washington reporter Dayo Olopade and contributor to The Root Sherrilyn A. Ifill.
* Podcast production by Abdullah Rufus.
* Podcast theme music by Timothy Morrison.
July 13, 2009
She's a family doctor from Bayou La Batre, Alabama...
by David Swerdlick onJuly 13, 2009
Whatever they think about Judge Sonia Sotomayor, conservatives should know there’s nothing they can do to stop her confirmation.
by Jack White onJuly 10, 2009
If Obama wants to get anything done, he needs to start breaking some GOP heads. This is not the time to be making nice.
July 10, 2009
In spite of the nearly $800 billion of taxpayer money used for the first stimulus package, some senior Obama administration officials suggest that more taxpayer money may be required to fix the economy. Is a second stimulus package the answer?
July 8, 2009
To help President Obama improve America's image in the world, Americans must learn more about the world outside their nation's borders.
July 3, 2009
There's something troubling about celebrating the birth of a country with people who can't agree on anything. Religion, marriage, the effects of bad eating, meaningless apologies for slavery.
by Jim Jaffe onJune 30, 2009
We want a cheaper, more efficient health care system. But does that mean fewer health care jobs?
June 29, 2009
The president’s critics think he’s either meddling or missing in action. In fact, he’s doing it just right.
June 24, 2009
The First Family calls on Americans to serve...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’