January 28, 2011
In a carefully worded statment, Obama pledged to work with both the Egyptian people and the Egyptian government.
January 28, 2011
The White House announced more than a dozen staffing changes, including a new press secretary. Can the new team solve the messaging problem?
by Cynthia Gordy onJanuary 27, 2011
The new Congressional Black Caucus budget commission says that we need to address the federal deficit -- but also protect the needs of the poor.
by Nsenga Burton onJanuary 27, 2011
Reid wants the president to "back off" on earmark elimination.
by Dr. Wilmer J. Leon onJanuary 26, 2011
His speech tried to push his opposition into cooperating on the country's competitive challenges.
January 26, 2011
Obama declares "We do big things" in a job-centered State of the Union address.
January 25, 2011
Putting tech savvy to use, the White House encourages online viewer participation during this year's State of the Union.
by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onJanuary 20, 2011
VIDEO: The ex-senator "goes there" and invokes the "three-fifths of a person" formula used during slavery.
by Jack White onJanuary 20, 2011
A century from now, our first black president will be seen as a key transitional figure when America's superpower status was about to be sharply curtailed.
by Joel Dreyfuss onJanuary 19, 2011
A poll of more than 1,000 readers of The Root shows that the racial divide persists in how people assess President Obama exactly two years after he took office.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966