by Rebecca Walker onFebruary 11, 2011
For more than five decades, the famed Egyptian physician, writer and feminist has been fighting the powers that be. The Root caught up with her just hours before President Mubarak stepped down.
by Nsenga Burton onFebruary 8, 2011
Mubarak attempts to assuage the opposition by forming a committee to recommend constitutional changes.
by Nsenga Burton onFebruary 3, 2011
Anti-Mubarak protest camp fired on by Mubarak supporters.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt