July 12, 2011
In recent weeks, domestic programs that the president proudly established in 2009 and early 2010 have seen tweaks and upgrades. Here’s the latest on health care, housing and higher ed.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJanuary 31, 2011
Challenges to critical component of "ObamaCare" will likely reach the Supreme Court.
September 30, 2009
Yesterday the Senate Finance Committee said no to a version of the public option portion of health care reform. News headlines declared the vote a surprise KO punch to the public option. Dig a little deeper and find this vote was only a surprise to those outside of the Beltway.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]