June 9, 2011
Federal regulators have proposed a new mortgage rule to prevent risky loans. But the plan punishes black homeowners and does nothing to banks.
by Dayo Olopade onMarch 16, 2010
Agency would curb lending abuses that have targeted African Americans.
by Sam Fulwood III onSeptember 14, 2009
It’s not only low-income borrowers: A new mortgage study shows that wealthy blacks and Hispanics pay higher interest rates than wealthy whites and Asians.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead