by Akoto Ofori-Atta onJuly 7, 2011
Her wildly controversial novel, Push, became an Oscar-nominated movie. She talks to The Root about her new novel, why the New York Times is wrong and why she killed Precious.
November 13, 2009
This week on The Confab: The humanity of Precious and Hollywood's same, tired treatment of color. Plus, the reality of Ft. Hood and the D.C. sniper's execution. Why should the Muslim community have to answer for Muslim terrorists? Join The Root's Associate Editor Natalie Hopkinson as she talks with senior culture writer Teresa Wiltz and contributors to The Root, Stanley Crouch and Adam Serwer.
* Podcast production by Abdullah Rufus.
* Podcast theme music by Timothy Morrison.
by Deborah Douglas onNovember 10, 2009
Kudos to Hollywood for finally tackling the taboo topic of incest.
by Alicia Villarosa onNovember 5, 2009
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods
- NBA’s Kevin Durant Donates $1 Million To Oklahoma Tornado Relief
- Man Sets Up Cameras In House To Find Ghosts, Catches Girlfriend Sexing Son
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Step-Dad Multiple Times