November 29, 2011
He talks with Henry Louis Gates Jr. about his new book, Who's Afraid of Post-Blackness.
by Lauren Williams onSeptember 29, 2011
The "30 Americans" artist talks inspiration and why the exhibit is important.
by Bijan C. Bayne onApril 28, 2010
A "chitlin' test" for the MTV generation.
May 6, 2009
A New York Times review of Colson Whitehead's new book, "Sag Harbor," poses the question: Is there post-black lit? Books on the Root explores the collision of race, books, and the Internet.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt