by Helena Andrews onAugust 12, 2010
Black girls have them, too.
by MIchael Ross onAugust 6, 2010
If the show's creators are really sticklers for detail, there's reason to expect some darker faces at Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce before long. In the real world, Don Draper would have been working side-by-side with a brother.
by Dr. Todd Boyd onJuly 30, 2010
In short, Miles Davis was the personification of cool. Don Draper, not so much. The Notorious Ph.D. breaks it down for us.
September 17, 2009
Meet TEWW blogger Rebecca Walker.
August 25, 2009
Meet TEWW blogger Erin Evans.
August 24, 2009
Their Eyes Were Watching ... (TEWW)—The Root’s new culture blog. From Zora to Zane, True Blood to Tiny and Toya, TEWW covers high art, low-brow culture and everything in between.
January 15, 2009
Back, back, way back in the day, Hollywood was ahead of the curve, plugging its candidate for the first black president. From Sammy Davis Jr. to Chappelle’s Black Bush, how pop culture tested the waters for a black man running the nation.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music