by Genetta M. Adams onMarch 19, 2012
If the roles were reversed, one wonders if a black teen could have killed and claimed self-defense.
by Ta-Nehisi Coates onMarch 18, 2012
Atlantic blogger Ta-Nehisi Coates says that Florida's Sanford Police Department needs assistance from outside investigators because it has failed to arrest the neighborhood-watch captain in the shooting death of an unarmed 17-year-old.
by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onMarch 17, 2012
Updated: Hear calls from the shooter and frantic neighbors, plus cries for help before shots were fired.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt