September 12, 2012
Journal-isms: Coverage of the first lady's speech was missing from more than half of print copies.
March 18, 2012
Journal-isms: The parent company of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Daily News and philly.com is laying off 19 unionized workers.
June 9, 2011
From Journal-isms: Sandra D. Long, an employee of the Philadelphia Inquirer since 1984 and vice president for editorial product development for Philadelphia Media Network, latest owner of the Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News, was dropped from the staff on Wednesday.
July 2, 2010
Stephen A. Smith of the Philadelphia Inquirer leaves his post, Comcast pledges more Hispanic programming and Kagan welcomes cameras into the courtroom. Plus, other happenings in journalism and the publising industry.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966