by Rochelle Riley onAugust 29, 2011
Rochelle Riley, in her Detroit Free Press column, says the nation was not ready to celebrate King's work this weekend.
by Annette John-Hall onAugust 17, 2011
Philadelphia Inquirer columnist Annette John-Hall asks why the media have not written stories about a group of teens who apologized for their classmates who reportedly beat an innocent man during a flash-mob attack.
by Lynette Holloway onAugust 13, 2011
Is this the right way to get the city's flash-mob violence under control?
by John McWhorter onAugust 11, 2011
At the core of young black men's violence against mostly white victims: the constant presence of police.
by Annette John-Hall onAugust 10, 2011
Annette John-Hall of the Philadelphia Inquirer breaks down Mayor Michael Nutter's angry message to teens to stop damaging their race.
by Nsenga Burton onAugust 9, 2011
Mayor Michael Nutter tells teens, "You've damaged your race."
March 25, 2010
The impromptu performance art got a few bumps and bruises in the City of Brotherly Love.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The 17-year-old rapper made threats after Perry bashed his song online.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Life Coach Helps Entrepreneurs Take Their Businesses To Next Level
- Michael Clarke Duncan’s Grave Desecrated By Racists, Family Says
- Commerce Department Announce $6.3 Million Minority Business Grant Competition
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]