March 11, 2011
This week on the Confab: Join The Root's associate editor Lauren Williams as she chats with Deputy Editor Sheryl Salomon and contributors Clay Cane and Mychal Denzel Smith about homophobia in Jamaica, Bill Maher's sketchy racial humor and Rep. Peter King's hunt for radical Muslims in America.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 10, 2011
Russell Simmons says Islamophobia could be worse than McCarthyism; Muslim Congressman Keith Ellison tears up during testimony.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966