by Michael H. Cottman onAugust 14, 2012
BlackAmericaWeb's Michael H. Cottman congratulates the African-American athletes who left the institution in the wake of its sex-abuse scandal.
by Deron Snyder onJuly 13, 2012
Loose Ball: A report on Penn State's sex-abuse scandal shows the folly of glorifying Joe Paterno.
November 23, 2011
Journal-isms: The Washington Post is trying to push out predominantly African-American and Latino employees.
November 18, 2011
Journal-isms: The parent company of a Tucson, Ariz., Fox affiliate enters into a "shared services agreement" with a rival TV station's owner.
by Ta-Nehisi Coates onNovember 11, 2011
The Atlantic's Ta-Nehisi Coates asks what is at the heart of student outrage over the firing of Penn State coach Joe Paterno.
by Melissa Harris-Perry onNovember 11, 2011
VIDEO: On MSNBC's "Sound Off" segment, Melissa Harris-Perry says that Penn State is another example of an institution, like government, that people put their trust in but is now crumbling.
by Deron Snyder onNovember 10, 2011
If the stubborn coach had retired instead of forcing trustees to fire him, the reaction would have been much tamer.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onNovember 9, 2011
As Joe Paterno announces his resignation, a player with close ties to the school weighs in.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours