by Jenée Desmond-Harris onAugust 14, 2012
In Iowa, the president didn't waste any time contrasting his position on aid to farms with that of the vice presidential hopeful.
by Imara Jones onAugust 14, 2012
Imara Jones, writing at ColorLines, argues that Mitt Romney's vice presidential pick's ideas aren't new. In fact, he says, they're "ripped right out of America's past" and reflect the latest in the "black and brown blame game."
August 14, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: And who's the Lolo Jones of the 2012 race? How the athletes and pols compare.
August 13, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: Four facts provide clues to his thoughts about African Americans and race.
by David Swerdlick onAugust 11, 2012
Romney shook up the 2012 race by picking Paul Ryan as his running mate. But there's a catch.
by Hillary Crosley onAugust 11, 2012
The Republican vice-presidential nominee has been announced, and what's Ryan's story?
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onAugust 11, 2012
Updated: Will his type of conservatism help win over independents, or scare them away? The Obama campaign reacts.
by Michael Steele onDecember 31, 2011
Before we make resolutions, says Michael Steele, we should reflect on lessons learned last year.
by Nsenga Burton onJune 8, 2011
Paul Ryan's plan seeks to end help for those who risk life and limb to serve the country.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966