by Lauren Williams onDecember 13, 2010
Checking a census box that says "black" doesn't mean you're denying your white ancestry. It's just how we roll in America.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onDecember 13, 2010
A report that biracial people are denying their white parents seems absurd to our writer -- but she's paying attention anyway.
December 13, 2010
A new study posits that black-white biracial adults are increasingly choosing, like President Obama, to emphasize their blackness. But in this country, "black" has always been a mongrel affair.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)