by Uptown Magazine onMay 23, 2013
by Jennifer E. Mabry onJune 13, 2012
Interviewing the Kardashian clan is a new low for creator of the ratings-challenged OWN network.
December 11, 2011
Journal-isms: With the success of Welcome to Sweetie Pie's, Oprah's network weighs targeting its black audience.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onDecember 8, 2011
Oprah's network may try to save itself by catering to an African-American audience.
by Lynette Holloway onOctober 9, 2011
A rejuvenated fall lineup begins Monday on OWN. Will you watch?
September 30, 2011
Journal-isms: An NABJ co-founder says that admitting the NLGJA alters the mission of the group for "journalists of color." Plus: Gil Noble's Like It Is to end.
July 14, 2011
Oprah Winfrey admitted that the beginning of OWN wasn't going very well, in part because she had been focused on the end of her daytime talk show instead. Plus: New black network sets Sept. 26 debut.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJanuary 3, 2011
Our writer watched a full day of Oprah Winfrey's new network, and she'd do it again.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music