by Julie Walker onJanuary 27, 2013
Fruitvale, a film about Oscar Grant's shooting, got a distribution deal. But what about the rest?
by Nsenga Burton onJune 29, 2011
A paramedic alleges that medics provided inadequate treatment to Oscar Grant after he was fatally shot by a police officer in 2009.
July 13, 2010
The verdict in the Oscar Grant shooting case was a slap in the face to a community sure that this time justice would be served, says radio journalist Davey D.
by Lynette Holloway onJuly 9, 2010
The Root spoke to the Reverends Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton about what it takes to defuse the ongoing tension between the police and the black community.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods