July 15, 2010
This week on The Confab: Oscar Grant and the radioactive fear of black men. Plus, marking six months after the Haiti earthquake and addressing the racial tenor of the Tea Party. Are tea partiers really any more racist than any other political faction? Join The Root's managing editor Joel Dreyfuss as he talks with senior editor Teresa Wiltz, staff writer Cord Jefferson, contributor to The Root Sophia Nelson and journalist/community activist Davey D.
by Lynette Holloway onJuly 9, 2010
The Root spoke to the Reverends Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton about what it takes to defuse the ongoing tension between the police and the black community.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods