by Cord Jefferson onOctober 2, 2010
Civil rights and labor groups gathered thousands on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial to show that conservatives aren't the only ones energized this election season.
October 1, 2010
This week on The Confab: Bishop Eddie Long, the Gulf Coast recovery, Waiting for Superman and the NAACP’s weekend march. Join managing editor Joel Dreyfuss as he talks with senior editor Teresa Wiltz and reporters Cord Jefferson, Brentin Mock and L'Heureux Lewis.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)