by Rob Fields onMarch 18, 2011
Writer-director Ava DuVernay's feature-film debut is a moving meditation on love and loss, life and death.
May 17, 2010
News that the original Law & Order has been canceled after 20 years may have Lt. Anita Van Buren (S. Epatha Merkerson) turning in her gun and badge, and drawing a well-deserved pension. Not so long ago, Merkerson was one of a handful of black actors playing cops, not just robbers, on television. Today, there are scores in roles on the right side of the law. See a few of the more familiar faces.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
As the ousted chief becomes the face of the flap, keep these facts in mind.
Six citizens were sentenced to one year for their "insulting" tweets.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Kiera Wilmot: NASA Engineer Awards Fla. Teen Scholarship To Space Academy
- Mourners Gather In Oakland To Remember Malcolm Shabazz
- 13 People Shot In Detroit Within 24-Hour Period
- 20 To 25 Injured As Conn. Commuter Trains Collide
- Murder Suspect, 20, Allegedly Admits To Killing Teen Because She Refused Abortion