December 27, 2009
Mexico reconsiders its war on drugs, Poet and activist Dennis Brutus dies, and Percy Sutton, New York politician and businessman, 89, gone.
August 26, 2009
Ted Kennedy was as much a masterful communicator as a skilled legislator. His urgent message was simple and lasting: We must build a fair and just society.
by Wil Haygood onMarch 25, 2009
The renowned historian, author and professor at Duke University died Wednesday at the age of 94.
by Keith Josef Adkins onDecember 3, 2008
The folk and blues singer died last night in New York. She was one of five major players that shaped my consciousness. Her voice provided a soundtrack to the civil rights movement, and although I was about 15 years too late, she helped my mind grow.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The former baseball star posted the personal information of a woman he's charged with assaulting.
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt