April 29, 2010
The problem is, obesity doesn’t have the same appeal as breast cancer.
April 20, 2010
I didn’t see her as an elder, but as an icon.
April 14, 2010
We need to do more, which is what I was thinking as I passed Tom Joyner this morning.
March 8, 2010
Really, my focus is on a great way to get in some exercise, raise some funds and expand my pathetic t-shirt collection.
March 1, 2010
This, folks, is what’s known as a “Straw Man.” The Straw Man fallacy is committed when someone ignores another's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position.
February 19, 2010
Failed to mention that little cake serves eight. All together now: HAHAHAHAAA!
February 18, 2010
Want asparagus? Fuggedaboudit. Here in N.C., it’s “on sale” at $3.79/lb. That’s about the same as a family-sized bag of Doritos. Salmon, tilapia, flounder? The cost per pound is the same as a two-layer cake from the bakery.
February 16, 2010
I will never, ever buy into the argument that obesity is a disability, and therefore covered by the Americans With Disabilities Act.
February 11, 2010
Working out and not eating for seven hours? Dumb, dumb, dumb. And embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing.
February 10, 2010
Oprah. Carnie. Kirstie. Ruby. We’re all human, and that means we get our collective asses kicked by biology every time we attempt to diet, which is why diets don’t work.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Blogging the Beltway: Allegations of nepotism could haunt Clinton on the presidential campaign trail.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- 9-Year-Old Girl Among Children Missing After Oklahoma Tornado
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today
- Teens Allegedly Post Taped Rape Of 12-Year-Old Girl On Facebook