by Barbara Reynolds onMay 26, 2012
In a piece for The Root DC, ordained minister Barbara Reynolds argues that African-American Christians can reconcile support for the president with their faith.
by Lynette Holloway onMay 18, 2012
When asked about his stance on same-sex marriage, T.I. followed Jay-Z's lead and backed the president.
May 15, 2012
Journal-isms: The lastest Newsweek cover is definitely provocative, but how will it go over with black readers?
May 12, 2012
This week on The Confab: Join The Root's senior political correspondent, Cynthia Gordy, as she chats with staff writer Jenée Desmond-Harris and contributing editor Demetria L. Lucas about the political risk in Obama's same-sex-marriage announcement and the lesser-known factors behind obesity in the black community.
May 10, 2012
Journal-isms: Administration officials reportedly requested the Good Morning America co-host.
by Steven Gray onMay 10, 2012
Forget what the pundits say about possible political fallout -- his announcement was necessary.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours